Sign in or
GREAT POLA AFRICA FOUNDATION HOME
This site provides information about Great Pola Africa Foundation and information about the founder. It also tells you how you can join this club and others you need to know.
GLOBALIZING AFRICAN LEADERSHIP AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP THROUGH YOUTH PARTICIPATION
GREAT MINDS - GREAT LEADERS
GREAT POLA AFRICA FOUNDATIONFOUNDING STORY
Great Pola Youth Africa Foundation [G.P.Y.A.F] is a visionary youth programme started by a group of young and intelligent students in Ghana and pioneered through all forces with the help of the Founder. G.P.Y.A.F. as an organization, has started its operational activities in Ghana, and other parts of Africa but it has not been officially inaugurated. Started as a group with a vision of championing youth excellence in Africa in all fields and walks of life, G.P.Y.A.F. actually started as a dream project without any well defined mission, aim or ambition.
Great Pola Africa Foundation is designed to help bring all youth in Africa together as leaders through youth seminars, international workshops, project works, exchange programs to help them discover their potentials and capabilities, think, invent, design, sensitize, create awareness in all aspects of human endeavour, in order to gain recognition and identity in the development of their nation and the continent at large.
We are determined to help raise a level of excellence among the future leaders on the African continent through various activities that will be organized in the course of its work as a foundation for the youth in Africa.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1) To help the African child discover their potentials and capabilities and work towards them.
2) To help raise a level of excellence among the youth in Africa in various fields.
3) To help equip the African child to be presentable and active in all aspects.
4) To help equip them with basic entrepreneurial skills good for national development.
5) To help bridge the digital divide by way of exposing them to basic I.C.T. skills which is needed in today’s’ global world.
6) We aim at training the African child in various fields of interest ranging from community development to national growth.
7) To organize the youth to sensitize the public on certain burning issues in the community.
8) To train or expose them to basic skills and qualities.
9) To help expose the youth to the world by helping build upon their ideas and skills
10) To help them to be creative and inventive in all aspects of life.
11) To train them for international competitions for awards in youth projects.
EXECUTIVES OF THE FOUNDATION
Great Pola Africa Foundation runs its activities in Ghana with the help of the following executives. There are national executives which is the main administrative organ of the foundation and which supervises the activities of the Foundation.
NATIONAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The National Board of Directors of the Foundation comprises of
2. Board Chairman
3. National President
4. National Vice President
5. National Secretary
6. Treasurer/Financial Secretary
7. Organizing Secretary
8. Country Project Co-ordinator
9. Project Ambassadors
10. Public Relations Officer
11. Internal Relations Officer
12. [Committees – Publicity, Electoral, Welfare, Disciplinary, Judicial, Financial & Sponsorship, etc]
In the various branches, the branch will comprise of the following executives
2. President/Vice president
3. Project Ambassador – External
4. Organizing Secretary
5. Financial Secretary
6. Special Task Force
The foundation in order to achieve its goals and ambitions, it has set up a number of groups that is mainly developed into 3 categories namely;
1. Entrepreneurship group
2. I.C.T group and
3. Public Education (Awareness group)
The entrepreneurship group is a group set up in the foundation to help equip the youth with certain basic entrepreneurship skills that will help raise their standard of living and their community at large. This group tries to let students know about how to run and manage business. It tries to enlighten them to learn or know more about setting up certain business and the various strategic plans or ways that will help community development and in a way elevate poverty from the community. It also focuses on helping the youth to educate, sensitize the masses about how to engage in petty trading or other activities to help raise their level of living.
ACTIVITIESThe groups’ activities range from all fields in business which is needed in the community, schools and in the nation as, a whole. The group has a set of projects that they undertakes within a particular time range i.e. first quarter or second quarter respectively of the year.
| GREAT MINDS GREAT AMBITION GREAT LEADERS|
Latest page update: made by Obengkwame
, Jan 21 2010, 4:55 PM EST
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by Obengkwame
26 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: ALL ABOUT GPPF INC. Clubs GHANA GHANA CLUBS GPPF INC. HOME PAGE History YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS
More Info: links to this page